What is a Cookie?
Cookies are harmless, small text files which have been designed to make your visit to the website easier, normally by remembering details like whether you have visited the site previously, what you may have looked at and what you have put in your shopping basket. These details are entirely anonymous and only include the name of a website and a unique user ID.
Cookies are also used to collect anonymous details about how visitors use the website, like how long they spend on each page. Companies can then find out which parts of their websites are most popular and which parts might have to be improved.
Cookies and your privacy
None of the cookies we use collect personal information about you. They only collect anonymous details to enable our website to work well and so that we can see where we might have to make improvements.
Our website makes use of anonymized cookies for the following:
- Counting visitors
- Several of our own cookies are used to count visitor numbers, visited pages and other anonymous details about the use of the website.
- Tailor-made advertisements and content
- Cookies allow us to know what information you have seen before and how you interacted with our website - for instance, which products you bought from us - so that we can show you related products which you will probably be interested in.
- Google Analytics data registration
- This allows us to see collected details about how visitors use our site and provides us with information such as our most popular pages and how long visitors spend on them. We use these anonymous details to see which parts of the site may have to be redesigned or rewritten to make them more user-friendly.
- Data registration for analysis by other parties
Occasionally, we also make use of analysis records by other parties which are again do not contain personal information and are only linked to your IP address. If you prefer not to have cookies on your computer, you can quickly and easily disable them by changing your browser settings. Instructions on how to do this can vary depending on your browser, but it can always be done in the ‘privacy’ section of your browser settings or preferences. You can also remove cookies that are already on your computer and block those from other sites. Disabling cookies in your browser may mean that some parts of www.manu.global won’t work properly. We therefore advise you to keep cookies enabled so that you can get the best out of our website.
Social media cookies
On some of our website pages, you can share pictures and pages on social media such as Facebook and Twitter. We also show videos hosted by YouTube. These websites place their own cookies, over which we have no control. These cookies are used to make sure that you don’t keep having to log in every time you click on the ‘like’ or ‘tweet’ button.